DMS Air The Affordable Heating Replacement Specialist in DFW
No matter the time of year, cold fronts, blistery winds and cool nights can drop the temperature of even the most well-insulated home or office.
Despite the (often) hot temperatures we deal with in the DFW area, nights can get quite chilly. And if you find your heating system isn’t performing like it used to, it might be time to consider replacement.
That said, heating replacement is always the last (and most expensive) resort. Our top tier technicians will uncover the hidden cause behind your heater’s poor performance and work to find the most affordable and best solution possible.
Read on to learn more about heating replacement and how we can help if you find that your heating system just isn’t working like it should.
Is Your Heating System Acting Up?
There’s nothing worse than being cold. And you shouldn’t have to be. After all, that’s why we have heating systems in the first place right? But if your heater isn’t keeping pace with chilly nights or the change of the season, it might be time to have it looked at.
If you need your heater inspected, one of our highly-trained technicians can come by and evaluate your unit quickly and efficiently (often same day for emergency appointments).
Many times, a simple service or repair can get your heater and/or HVAC unit back up and running the same day we come out. But sometimes you have to replace the entire unit or order parts for a more extensive build. In other cases yet, it may be that the cost of repair is not worth the investment given the age of the unit. In those instances we’ll discuss with you the most economical approach, including options for heating replacement.
Regardless, we’ll be there to help you every step of the way, working fast and efficiently to get your systems and home warm and comfortable as soon as possible.
We Pride Ourselves in Integrity and Honest Heating Service
If we are able to repair your unit, instead of replace it, then that’s what we will do! We want to offer you the most affordable option that fits your needs. But if we notice warning signs with your unit, and it seems to be near the end of it’s lifespan, we won’t hesitate to bring it to your attention. Replacing an entire HVAC or heating system is a large investment, which is why we will give you the time you need to make the right decision, and prepare for the cost.
When to Replace Your HVAC or Heating Unit
Any unexpected repair bill is the worst nightmare for many home owners. But, you can help mitigate the stick shock of needing a new unit by scheduling regular maintenance and tune ups. We understand that repair is often the best solution in the short-term. Which is why our team is dedicated to keeping you informed and helping you make the best decision for your home.
But how do you know when the time has come, and it’s time to upgrade to a new unit? Here are a few ways to recognize your air conditioner might need replacement:
1) Your HVAC system or heater is more than 10 years old. In general, you can expect a well-maintained unit to last about 15 years. If your unit is more than 10 years old, and requires extensive repairs, it often makes more sense to replace it. This is especially true when you consider the advancements in energy efficiency we’ve seen in the past 5 years alone. The potential savings in electricity costs could add up to quite a bit.
2) Your HVAC unit is operating less inefficiently. If your HVAC unit has a low SEER rating, it can cost you a lot of money to run it. For example, you may notice that monthly bills for energy expenditure are larger than normal, possibly indicating it is taking more power than it should to either cool or warm your home. This may be clear evidence that your heater needs replacing.
3) You’re facing expensive repairs. Any time you’re facing an expensive repair, you’ll want to weigh the costs of the repair against the costs of a new unit. If the cost of the repair covers most of the price of a new unit, especially if it’s showing other signs listed here, then it will likely make more sense to replace it, than to repair an old unit. A newer unit won’t need repairs for several years, and many could even be covered by your warranty.
4) Frequent breakdowns. If it seems like your heater, furnace or HVAC system is always breaking down, and you’re on the phone every week with us to get it fixed, it might be time to invest in a new unit. These repair costs can add up, and it doesn’t make sense to keep making repairs on a unit that is simply getting older every year. Save yourself the headaches and the money invested in repairs, and invest in a new unit.
5) Your home isn’t comfortable. If your unit is always on, but your home isn’t heating (or cooling) off, this could be a sign of an aging system. It could even be the sign of an incorrectly sized unit. Regardless of the case, you want your furnace and/or HVAC system to do it’s job! If it’s not going to keep your house warm and cool, you will want to replace it with a unit that does!
6) Unusual noises. If that thing that goes ‘bump’ in the night is your furnace or HVAC unit, it might be time to get it looked at. Scratches, bumps, whines, bangs – anything unusual from your heating system could indicate a new issue. Once you realize it is making a new noise, it might be time to call our one of our technicians. At best, a simple service call can fix the issue. At worst, your furnace or heater may need replacing. our technicians can pinpoint the issue at hand, and give you an estimate if you unit can be replace, if the solution will only have a limited effect, and if needed, give you advice on choosing a new furnace/heater.
Why Choose DMS Air Heating and Air Conditioning
When you think of service and experience in the North Dallas-Fort Worth area, think DMS Air Heating and Air Conditioning.
Our teams are highly trained, backed with 20+ years of experience in the field, and we hold ourselves to the highest standards of customer service. When you think of your heating and cooling needs in the McKinney, Greeneville and surrounding areas, we want you to think of DMS.
Our team has proudly serviced the DFW area since 2007, and our dedication to service and quality of work has earned us the reputation as one of the best businesses in the area.
We don’t just work in this area – we live here too!