The summer months and sweltering heat is upon us, with our AC units quickly jumping into action and keeping our homes and families cool as a cucumber.
But that’s not always the case. If you found yourself scrabbling to Google, typing in “How can I find quality AC repair near me?”, then you’ve landed on the right page!
The experts at DMS Air would love to service your McKinney, TX home and HVAC system, as we have done for countless local residents over the years. The weather in McKinney typically ranges between hot and hotter. As such, it’s important to have a properly functioning AC system no matter what time of year it is.
In fact, you should only be sweating out on the front porch sipping sweet tea if you want to. Everyone deserves an air-conditioned refuge in the intense Texas heat, and DMS Air can help!
When in search of AC repair or maintenance in McKinney, TX, you know who to call!
Signs You May Need AC Repair
Like any finely tuned system, your AC unit may need some TLC from time to time, and given the sweltering heat in Texas, your AC unit takes a lot of abuse year in and year out.
If you find yourself with a fan in front of your face while ice melts on your neck, please call DMS Air for help with your AC unit.
Here are some common signs you may need repair:
- The unit “short cycles”: AC units click on and off as they maintain temperature in the home, but if your unit turns off and on frequently, it may be in need of repair.
- You hear strange noises: clunking, groaning, and other odd noises may signal a malfunctioning part.
- There’s a stench in the air: Mildew, dirt, and mold in your unit can make your house stink.
- The unit has ceased working: If your AC unit will not come on at all, a quick call to DMS Air’s 24-hour emergency line is essential.
- Lots of water is leaking: a little condensation is normal, but a lot of water means there is a problem. It is also important to keep water away from the unit’s electrical parts.
- There is no cool air coming from the vents: Even if the unit is running, no cool air may be being produced.
- The AC unit is covered in ice: this ice can build up and prevent the unit from functioning properly.
If you notice any of the above signs, please do not wait to call our technicians out to help. Putting a repair off may cause a more expensive issue to develop. And if it’s an emergency we can often make it out for same day service.
DMS Air will work with you to find the best solution for your AC needs, no matter the problem. Big or small, we’ve seen it all!
Common Types of AC Repairs
There are many types of AC repairs that our technicians can perform. By keeping your system on a regular maintenance schedule, you will be able to avoid surprise repairs and malfunctions.
Some of the most common repairs types we run into include:
• Replacing circuit breakers, fuses, and relays
• Replacing a circuit board
• Home air compressor replacement
• Refrigerant leak repair
• Thermostat replacement
• Condensate pump replacement
• A/C compressor repair
• Recharging refrigerant
• Evaporator coil replacement
• Capacitor or contactor replacement
• Condensing unit fan motor replacement
Our skilled technicians are trained in a variety of repair procedures and can identify which one your AC unit needs, making sure you never overspend on repairs you don’t need yet. By having a skilled professional do the repair, your costs will be kept low.
What to Do Between AC Repair Visits
There are a few steps that you, as the homeowner, can do to help maintain your AC system between professional visits:
• Make sure to change your air filter every three months.
• Make sure your AC unit is clear of debris and shrubbery and keep the unit cleaned.
• To keep lint away from your unit, ensure your dryer vent is pointed away from the AC unit.
• Adjust your thermostat when you are not in the home.
• Schedule regular maintenance visits from our professional technicians.
By incorporating regular maintenance into your yearly checklist, you can ensure your AC unit will function efficiently for years to come. Professional inspections from our technicians can check your ductwork and all working parts in your AC unit to ensure smooth operation.
Trust DMS Air for AC Repairs in McKinney, TX
DMS Air has proudly serviced the McKinney, TX area for years, with over two decades of field experience serving our customers. We only employ the top level technicians and best practices, taking pride in our certifications, service, and experience.
If you find yourself wondering, “Where can I find AC repair near me?”, look no further than DMS Air. Our friendly staff will give you an honest quote on necessary repairs and work quickly to get your AC up and running again.